Friday, May 20, 2011

Where to begin??

It's now the middle of May.  The sun is shining!  Avery is now OVER 9 months old, and my father in law is in the fight of his life.   He was diagnosed with Leukemia back in December and they decided not do anything until it got worse.... It got worse.  He started chemo on May 2nd and the 1st 9 days were AMAZING!  Things were looking great until Wednesday.  Kim and I hadn't really been able to see him since we are constantly carrying some sort of junk.  I mean having a 9 month old in daycare.... Yep- we are always sniffing or coughing but we found a window on the 11 day and had to get Kim to see her dad.  While he was complaining of some chest pains he was still hanging in there and talking to us.  We left Swedish to go grab Avery and were home by 5:15 or so.  By 6:30 we had a text from Jill that we should get back down there ASAP.  Mike was being moved into ICU and they had discovered that he came down with pneumonia.  2 days later we are no longer praying for his survival minute to minute we are now day to day.  We are praying and in HIGH SPIRITS and have been staying close as a family!  Mike is strong and is the rock of the family.  He is not going anywhere.  He is going to fight!

Here is the blog of his journey

Then there are my girls and my buddy!!! Avery, Kim and Kona are the light of my life.  I love coming home everyday and seeing the bright face of my girls!!!!! (And KONA!!)


She Loves her FOOD!!! (9 months old)
My boy! 9 years old and kickin'

No comments: